Each week we feature an eBook from Sherrard’s eBook Resellers eBook Store. This week the featured eBook is How to Market Your Home Business
Here is an excerpt.
You will, of course, need to have a name for your business. Be sure and choose your name well. Make sure your name depicts what you have to offer. Give your name some personality and make sure it conveys a message such as Be Dazzled by Debbie instead of Debbie’s Jewelry. Make your name stand out in a crowd!
Once you have all your permits, licenses, insurance and your name, you are ready to begin. The rest of this ebook will explain dozens of ways to market your new business, both online and offline. Do not make the mistake of thinking all you need to do is throw up a website to make money. A great resource for all new businesses is the Small Business Administration. http://www.sba.gov/
Be sure and look over all the information they provide.
More helpful resources:
special. You must treat them as such because without them, where would your business be. Your customers must be able to trust you and have faith
you will do as you say and your business will live up the standards you set for it. I am writing this section to stress the importance of customer service and living up to the customer’s trust and faith in your business. You will have a lot of competition and how you treat your customers could very well be the deciding factor in who is more successful!!
1. Keep in touch with your customers by sending them thank you notes, birthday/anniversary/Christmas cards. Nothing beats the personal touch.
2. Offer them an extra special discount on their birthday or give them a Gift Certificate.
3. Tell them thank you and that you appreciate them.
4. Make sure you keep them updated on new products, sales, and promotions.
5. Go the extra mile or however many miles it takes to keep them happy and to keep their patronage.
6. If you tell your customers you will do something by a certain date – do it! Be consistent, trustworthy and reliable.
Doing all these things for your customers will surely result in them telling their friends and their friends telling their friends and so on which can be one of the most effective forms of advertising for your business!
That’s the end of the excerpt. The link to buy the eBook is How to Market Your Home Business