January 19th, 2023
This verse affirms the definiteness of the birth of Christ. This verse assured that the Messiah would come as a baby who would be born and as a gift from God to rule.
As a child who was born, He was a partaker with the children of blood and flesh (Hebrews 2:14). As a Son who was given, He grew up, qualified to exercise the power and to reveal the nature of God. His character is revealed in the five titles in this verse:
1. Wonderful: This means supernatural. He is above our human faculty. He surprises us daily in the way He deals with us and the universe. His character, deeds, and miracles speak for Himself.
2. Counselor: He shows the perfect will of God which is God’s plan of salvation. He gives advice where we do not know which direction to take. His birth ends searching in the dark. The mystery of heaven has come down to earth. God has now become reachable and accessible to those who behold the baby Jesus.
3. The Mighty God: He is the mighty One of Israel, the Captain of the hosts of the armies of heaven, the Victor at the front of the war procession, the irresistible battle Champion who will obtain the final victory in the arena of history.
4. Everlasting Father: He is the Father of eternity, the Father to His people, guarding, supplying, and caring for their needs. He is a compassionate Father who loves and protects His children. He is the author of life to His followers.
5. The Prince of Peace: His rule would bring peace with God for humankind through deliverance from sin and death. He brings peace in the fullest sense of wholeness, prosperity, and tranquility. His mission is to subdue every opposing foe, banish every disturbing element, and bring peace to all. We are to experience His peace individually and collectively.
Therefore, Christmas is a cool day. We need to understand that on it we commemorate the coming of God to humanity, and the two enemies becoming friends again.
Inspirational Image of the Day