by Russell Sherrard
Life Changing Bible Reading System
by Russell Sherrard
List 1 (89 days) Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
List 2 (187 days) Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
List 3 (78 days) Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Phillippians, Colossians, Hebrews
List 4 (65 days) 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, James, 1 & 2 Peter, 1, 2, & 3 John, Jude, Revelation
List 5 (62 days) Job, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
List 6 (150 days) Psalms
List 7 (31 days) Proverbs
List 8 (249 days) Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther
List 9 (250 days) Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
List 10 (28 days) Acts
• Read one chapter from each list each day; in one sitting or two. At the end of a book; go to the next book. At the end of the list; start it again. Do it in the order given above.
• Read quickly (without “speed-reading”) in order to get the overall sense. Read as fast as you comfortably can with moderate retention. You’re not studying deeply or memorizing; shoot for 5- 6 minutes per chapter. At the end of a chapter, move immediately to the next list.
• GET THROUGH THE TEXT – no dawdling, back reading, looking up cross-references!
• There are different ‘kinds’ of reading: super-quick skimming, careful moderate-paced, studying the text, deep meditation. You should be between the first and second kind.
• Most people decrease their time spent and increase their retention after just two-three weeks! I now read and retain the entire text of Matthew in 35 minutes, Romans in 20, Genesis in one hour!
• Don’t look up anything you ‘don’t get’ – real understanding will come through contextualizing by reading a LOT of scripture over time. Get through the text!
• If you miss a day or two – ok, get over it, then keep going. Don’t cover yourself in sackcloth and ashes and quit! Move the bookmarks along, to find your place(s) quickly next day. Heb 4:12&5:11-14; Eph 5:26&6:17; Col 3:16; 2 Tim 3:16; Ps 119; Ezra 8; Prov 3: 1-2, 10:14; Dan 1
• If you are wondering why you should read Acts (or Proverbs) all the way through every single month, then — you’ve just shown that you NEED to read them that often!
• The goal of this system is simple, and twofold: To know scripture, and to love and obey God more!
Inspirational Image of the Day
This site contains Third Party Advertising, using online behavioral tracking technology. Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
Sherrard's eBook Resellers Blog
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Display SherrardseBooks Twitter Feed
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Pinterest